The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) is a coordinated,
team-based approach to delivering your health care services.
In addition to providing comprehensive, quality health care,
your physician will ensure that:
• Preventive screenings are completed
• Care is coordinated with specialists when necessary
• Chronic illness is effectively managed
The idea is to use processes that are systematic, patient centered,
and coordinated to manage your care and improve
Patient-centered medical home is a model of care that
strengthens the physician-patient relationship. You will be
encouraged to establish a relationship with a primary care
physician. Your physician will lead a team of clinicians that
are collectively responsible for providing for your health care
needs and arranging for appropriate care with other qualified
clinicians and/or specialists. This model results in more
personalized, coordinated, effective and efficient care.
An accomplished medical home environment is achieved through:
• Increased accessibility to care for patients
• Excellent communication among patients, clinicians and staff
• Utilization of an electronic health record system to
prescribe, communicate, track results, obtain clinical
support information and monitor performance
Family Medical Center at Riverside is proud to be your Patient-Centered Medical Home and we look forward to serving you with safe, comprehensive compassionate care.